Constantly simply take this medication just as described in this leaflet or as your pharmacist, physician or any other medical practioner has said.
- Keep this leaflet. You might need certainly to see clearly once again.
- Pose a question to your pharmacist if you want more information or advice.
- In the event that you have any relative unwanted effects, confer with your pharmacist, physician, or other doctor. This consists of any feasible unwanted effects maybe maybe not placed in this leaflet. See part 4.
What exactly is in this leaflet:
1. Just What ellaOne is and just just just what it really is employed for
EllaOne is a crisis contraceptive
EllaOne is a contraceptive meant to avoid pregnancy after unsafe sex or should your contraceptive method has unsuccessful. As an example:
- In the event that you had intercourse without security;
- If your or your partner’s condom tore, came or slipped down, or you forgot to make use of one;
- In the event that you would not simply just take your contraceptive supplement as suggested.
You ought to use the tablet as quickly as possible after intercourse, and within at the most 5 times (120 hours). This is really because the semen can survive as much as 5 days within your body after sexual intercourse.
This medication would work for just about any woman of childbearing age, including adolescents.
It is possible to make the tablet whenever you want within the menstrual period.
EllaOne doesn’t work if you should be currently expecting
In the event the period that is menstrual is, there clearly was a chance that you might be pregnant. Whenever your period is belated or when you’ve got apparent symptoms of maternity (hefty breasts, morning illness) you really need to consult a physician or other medical practioner before you take the tablet. From becoming pregnant if you have unprotected sex after taking the tablet, it will not stop you. Unsafe sex at any right time through your cycle can result in maternity.
EllaOne just isn’t to be utilized for regular contraception
If you don’t have method that is regular of, confer with your physician or medical practioner to choose one that’s ideal for you.
How works that are ellaOne
EllaOne provides the substance ulipristal acetate which acts by changing the experience of this normal hormones progesterone which will be required for ovulation to take place. This medicine works by postponing ovulation as a result. Crisis contraception isn’t effective in almost every situation. Of 100 women who simply simply simply take this medication more or less 2 can be expecting.
This medicine is really a contraceptive utilized to stop a maternity from beginning. If you’re currently expecting, it won’t interrupt a current pregnancy.
Crisis contraception will not sexually protect against transmitted infections
Only condoms can protect you against intimately sent infections. This medication will likely not protect you against HIV disease or every other diseases being intimately transmittede.g. Chlamydia, vaginal herpes, vaginal warts, gonorrhoea, hepatitis B and syphilis). Ask a medical practioner for advice if you should be concerned about this.
There was additional information about contraception in the final end for this leaflet. < Continue reading “Read all this leaflet very very carefully because it contains important information for you before you start using this medicine”